Scholarship is available for new learners from Grades 8 to 11 and Existing learners from Grades 8 to 12.
Field Of study:
Students are to study any of the ourses offered by the university.
The scholarship will include all school fees, the purchase of a tablet, registration fees, connectivity fees, stationery costs as provided by the school and all academic tours organised by the school. The scholarship will not cover hostel fees, uniform costs, daily transport to and from school, extramural activities, sports costs and other sundry amounts due by the parent/guardian from time to time.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
It is awarded to black South Africans only.
Application Closing Date:
August 3, 2018
Eligibility For The Full Tuition Ruta Sechaba Scholarship For Black South Africans:
To be eligible for the award, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Black applicants only (Black means African, Colored and Indian as defined by the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, ‘BBBEE Act’);
- Black learners (as defined by the BBBEE Act) who are South African citizens only;
- New learners from Grades 8 to 11;
- Existing learners from Grades 8 to 12;
- Learners achieving academic excellence measured as:
- Attaining an overall aggregate of 60% or above in the latest academic report;
- Attaining at least 60% in Mathematics and English in the latest academic report (hereinafter referred to as ‘Minimum Academic Standards‘).
- Scholarships awarded will be for the learners remaining school career, subject to them maintaining the averages on which the initial reward was calculated. In evaluating the learner’s progress, the Executive Head and Regional Head will have regard for the expected decline in academic averages as the learner progresses to higher grades. If a learner fails to meet minimum standards, the learner may be obliged to attend corrective interventions, designed by the school, to support the learner. Failure to attend the corrective interventions and show progress over a period of time may result in the scholarship being reduced or terminated accordingly. Furthermore, the Minimum Financial Need Requirement must continue to be met.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants must complete the application form submit the supporting documents. Applications open on 25 June 2018 and close at 17:00 on 3 August 2018. Please submit the completed application forms to capitecbank-at-curro.co.za.
- Applicants must submit a copy of birth certificate/ID (new learners only)
- A copy of latest progress report
- Copy of parents’/legal guardian’s ID
- Proof of household income