Dropbox is the home for all your files: when you add a file to your Dropbox account, it’s available everywhere that you can access Dropbox. If you download the Dropbox apps to your computer, phone, or tablet, your files automatically sync to all your devices.
To sign up for a Dropbox account simply follow the steps below:
- Create an account on dropbox.com.
- Type your name and email address (your email address is the username for your Dropbox account).
- Type a unique password.
- Click the box to agree to the Dropbox terms.
- Click Create an account.
If you already installed the Dropbox mobile or computer apps, you can also create an account by launching the app and clicking Sign up.
How to install Dropbox apps
You can access your Dropbox files from dropbox.com or the Dropbox Android app. Install the Dropbox apps on your computer, phone, or tablet to access your files from all your devices.
To install the Dropbox app on your computer:
- Download the Dropbox desktop app on your computer.
- Run the installer.
- Sign in or create a Dropbox account. You only need one account no matter how many devices you want to be signing in with.
To Install the Dropbox app on your mobile phone or tablet
- On your phone or tablet, download the Dropbox mobile app through the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app.
- Sign in or create a Dropbox account. You only need one account no matter how many devices you want to keep in sync.
How to add files to your Dropbox account
Once you create an account, you can add files to your Dropbox account. Any files you add to your Dropbox account sync across all your computers, phones, and tablets where you installed Dropbox.
To add files from dropbox.com:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click Upload.
- Choose Files or Folder.
- If you chose Files, select as many files as you like and click Open.
- If you chose Folder, select a folder and click Upload.
Note: Each file or folder that you upload on dropbox.com must be 20 GB or smaller. For larger files or folders, use the desktop or mobile apps, which don’t have a file size limit.
To add files from your computer:
- Open your file explorer.
- Navigate to the Dropbox folder.
- Copy and paste or drag and dropfiles into the Dropbox folder.
When you add files to your Dropbox folder, they’ll upload to Dropbox. Once your files have green check icons over the file icons, they have successfully uploaded to Dropbox.
To add files from your phone or tablet:
- Open the Dropbox app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the + (plus) icon.
- Tap Create or upload file.
- Tap Upload File.