How Much is a UK Visa Fees in Nigeria 2018?
UK Visa Fees in Nigeria 2018
how much is a uk Visa?
Do you wish to know, How much United Kingdom (UK) charges as fees for its visa? If yes, this page will guide your through. Quickly follow the step by step guide written below for proper guidance.
Its no longer news that majority of Nigerian citizens will love to travel to the UK for various reasons. Apart from the process of getting the UK visa on the same day they apply for it, travelling to the United Kingdom has become a lot easier for Nigerian citizens since the announcement by the current British High Commissioner, Mr. Paul Arkwright.
While this might surprise you, people with any type of visa application issues according to the embassy would now have to wait for 5 to 15 days while those who are lucky enough to apply for UK Visa In Nigeria , get theirs on the same day without the hassles of processing travel documents.
The UK visa fees are ever-changing, so no article can stay relevant for too long. It seems like every UK visa Nigeria fee tends to change at least every few months or so. Therefore, if you want to get the most relevant information about the visa fees, here is what you should do:
- Go to visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk.
- From the list of countries, choose Nigeria.
- Choose the visa category that is relevant for your needs.
- Choose the type of visa you need to find out about the fee. Alternatively, choose Show all to see the fees for all the visas from your selected category.
UK Visas Current Fees in Nigeria Today.
The cost of UK visa fees for different visitors such as students, businessmen, married couples etc, all depends on type of visa and the duration you want to stay in the United Kingdom. The embassy stated that Nigerians will have to pay a non-refundable fee for the visa whether or not it is granted.
Below, you can find the most recent fees for a UK visa in Nigeria. However, bear in mind that, if you actually decide to go to the UK, you should check whether this information is still relevant by the time you need it. Without further ado, here some of the UK visa fees for Nigerians, both in USD ($) and NGN (₦).
The most popular and common visa, the standard visitor visa, comes in four types:
- Short-term visa that lasts for up to six months will cost you $125 (₦45,000);
- Longer-term visa that lasts for up to two years will cost you $472 (~₦170,000);
- Longer-term visa that lasts for up to five years will cost you $857 (~₦308,500);
- Longer-term visa that lasts for up to ten years will cost you $1074 (~₦386,600).
Visitors in transit have to pay $87 (~₦31,300) for their visa.
There is also a short-term study visa. If you want to go to the UK to study for up to six months, you will have to pay $130 (₦46,800) for your visa. If you want to study English, then your visa fee will be $251 (~₦90,400).
Business visitors have their own fees:
- Visa for an academic visitor (up to a year) and dependant costs $251 (~₦90,400);
- Visa for PLAB/OSCE test, dental observation and clinical attachments costs $130 (₦46,800);
- Visas for diplomatic couriers, prospective entrepreneurs and permitted paid engagements cost $125 (₦45,000).
Another subgroup of visas is for special visitors:
- Civil partnership or marriage visa costs $125 (₦45,000);
- Visa for parents whose children are at school (lasts for up to a year) is $694 (~₦250,000);
- Visa fees for child visitors are exactly the same as the fees for standard visitors.
Course F visitors visa, which is a visa for members of foreign armed forces, costs $694 (~₦250,000). This fee is relevant for both the main applicant and their dependants.
And last but not least, diplomatic passport holders and people who have received an official invitation from the UK government can get a UK visa for free.
These are, of course, not all fees you can get in order to go to the UK. You can find the rest of them, as well as various visa application guides, on the website we have talked about before.
Just a word of warning before you leave, the fees in naira have been calculated according to the exchange rate of 1 US dollar to 360 naira. By the time you find this article, the exchange rate might be different, so make sure you take that into account.
I’m sure this article answered the question “how much is a uk visa”