Airtime transfer (Share ‘N’ Sell) is an MTN service you can use to send credit from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ account. With MTN Share ‘N’ Sell you can keep your family and friends topped up and connected.
ALSO READ: HOW TO BORROW AIRTIME USING MTN SIM
To make sure that nobody uses your phone to transfer credit without your permission, they have added a pin feature. Before you can transfer credit, you have to change the default pin which is 0000. You can change the default PIN by sending a text message with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, to change the default PIN, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777. With Share ‘N’ Sell you can transfer different amounts of credit, from a minimum amount of 50 Naira and a maximum amount of 5,000 NAira on each transaction. You can also transfer up to a total amount of 10,000 Naira every day! So you can choose to become a credit vendor using Share ‘N’ Sell.
Who Can Use The MTN Share ‘N’ Sell
- MTN Share ‘N’ Sell can be used by both new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network.
- You can only transfer credit in Naira amounts and not in kobo i.e. you can transfer NGN56.00 but not NGN56.45
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough credit to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- If you are a postpaid customer you will only be able to transfer credit when your account is in positive. You will not be able to transfer credit when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00.You will not be able to use Share ‘N’ Sell. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1, 000.00 you will be able to transfer credit up to the available N1000.00 in your account.
How to Change your PIN
- You can change your PIN at any time by sending an SMS with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *600*default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *600*0000*1234*1234# and then send/ok.
- Immediately you change your PIN using any of the options above, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully.
How to Transfer Credit using SMS
- You can transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone at any time by sending an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08134068447 1500 1234’ to 777.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
- You can also transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone by dialing *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial*600*08134068447*1500*1234# and then send/ok.
- When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Benefits of MTN Share ‘N’ Sell
- You can transfer credit from your phone to other MTN accounts in a simple and easy manner.
- Your credit transfer done with Share ‘n’ Sell is completed immediately you confirm the transfer by sending an SMS with YES to 777.
- You can transfer between 50 Naira – 5,000 Naira in a single transaction.
- You can transfer up to 10,000 Naira from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
- Your credit transfers are secure as your PIN is required before any transfer can be completed.
- Share ‘n’ Sell is available to all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customer.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
Now you can share your credit with friends and families or make quick money selling credit from your phone with Share ‘n’ Sell.
All MTN Share ‘N’ Sell transactions attracts a nominal transfer fee, the applicable transfer fee depends on the value of the transaction. Customers will be notified about the exact fee to be deducted anytime a Share N Sell transaction is initiated. The transfer fee will be deducted only when a confirmation or acceptance to continue is received from the customer.
List of the applicable transfer fee on various transaction bands
|S/N||Transaction Amount(₦)||Applicable Transfer Fee (₦)|
|3||501 – 1000||10|
|4||1001 – 5000||10|