- 1 ABOUT STEEMIT
- 1.1 HOW STEEMIT WORKS
- 1.1.1 IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO
- 1.1.2 STEEMIT TERMS
- 126.96.36.199 WHALES
- 188.8.131.52 There are steem users with the highest value of steem power.They are the most influential people on Steemit because of their high ranking voting power.
- 184.108.40.206 WITNESSES
- 220.127.116.11 There are set of people selected to create blocks and uses a consensus mechanism called delegated proof of stake. The community elects ‘witnesses’ to act as the network’s block producers and governance body.Witnesses are compensated with STEEM Power for each block they create.
- 18.104.22.168 STEEM
- 22.214.171.124 STEEM is the base liquid currency token in the platform. STEEM can be powered up into STEEM Power, traded for Steem Dollars, and transferred to other accounts. It is a cryptocurrency token, similar to bitcoin.
- 126.96.36.199 STEEM DOLLARS (SBD)
- 188.8.131.52 These are liquid stable-value currency tokens that can be traded for STEEM, and transferred to other accounts for commerce or exchange. It may also be converted into STEEM in a process that takes 3.5 days.
- 1.1.3 Comments
- 1.1.4 Creating Posts
- 1.1.5 Tags
- 1.1.6 Followers and Feeds
- 1.1.7 Resteem
- 1.1.8 Curation
- 1.1.9 Payments
- 1.1.10 Reputation
- 1.1.11 Cashing out
- 1.1.12 Plagiarism
- 1.1 HOW STEEMIT WORKS
Steemit is a blogging and social networking website on the Steem Blockchain database. The Steem blockchain produces Steem and Steem Dollars (SBD) which are tradeable tokens users obtain for posting, curating, upvoting and commenting on interesting content. Steemit, Inc is a privately held company based in New York City with the headquater in Virginia.The company was founded by Ned Scott and Dan Larimer the creator of Bitshares. Steemit was officially launched On the 4th of July, 2016 as a social media with virtual currency rewards that runs over the Steem blockchain.
HOW STEEMIT WORKS
Firstly, Steemit has a reputation system, where all new users starts with a reputation of 25 and the reputation is influenced by the amount of upvote received, therefore, if you get a positive upvote your reputation increases but if you are voted down then your reputation reduces.
All users are eligible to upvoting posts and comments, and the authors whose posts gets upvoted receives a monetary reward in a cryptocurrency token named STEEM and Steem Dollar(SBD).In addition, Users are also rewarded for curating popular content. Curating involves voting comments and post submissions. The Amount of STEEM power held by the voter influences the vote strength and curation rewards.
The Steem blockchain is made up of STEEM, Steem Dollars(SBD) tokens. Also, it is made up of Steem ower which is strictly meant for internal use in the Steem community. Furthermore, the STEEM and STEEM DOLLARS (SBD) tokens can be used outside the steem community, converted to Bitcoin (BTC) or even traded for physical cash.
READ ALSO: MTN CHEAT USING STARK VPN
IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO
- Backup your password
- Sign Up for Steemit Chat
- Setup your Profile, Avatar, and Cover Image
- Choose your “NSFW” (Not Safe for Work) Display Preference
- Create your “introduceyourself” post
There are steem users with the highest value of steem power.They are the most influential people on Steemit because of their high ranking voting power.
There are set of people selected to create blocks and uses a consensus mechanism called delegated proof of stake. The community elects ‘witnesses’ to act as the network’s block producers and governance body.Witnesses are compensated with STEEM Power for each block they create.
STEEM is the base liquid currency token in the platform. STEEM can be powered up into STEEM Power, traded for Steem Dollars, and transferred to other accounts. It is a cryptocurrency token, similar to bitcoin.
STEEM DOLLARS (SBD)
These are liquid stable-value currency tokens that can be traded for STEEM, and transferred to other accounts for commerce or exchange. It may also be converted into STEEM in a process that takes 3.5 days.
Just like facebook, upvote is a way of liking peoples posts or comments.
To upvote, click on the Upvote icon at the bottom of the comment/post.
For starters, commenting on peoples posts is a way of publicizing yourself to get involved and connect with other people/
To comment on a post, or reply to an existing comment, click on the “Reply” link at the bottom of the post/comment.
To create a post, click on the “Post” link in the upper right corner of the page.
Posts have three main parts: Title, Content, Tags.
Your title should be catchy, and most importantly it should be relevant to your content.
To create your content, you can make use of the “Editor” or “Markdown” mode.
MORE: MTN DOUBLE DATA CHEAT
- Tags are like links that helps people find your posts easily.
- Each post can have up to five tags, separated by spaces and must start with a small letter,
- The first tag in the list will be the main category that the post is in.
- The tags should all be relevant to the content in the post.
- You can browse content by tags, as well as see a list of popular tags that other users have used in their posts here.
Followers and Feeds
- To follow an author, click on their username and click the “Follow” button.
- Once you follow someone, all of their posts will show up in your “Feed” on the homepage when you login.
- As other Steemians come across your posts and comments, you will start to gain followers.
- You can see all of your followers and the people you are following in your profile page.
If you want to share someone else’s post with all of your followers, just click on the resteem icon underneath the post.
Up to 25% of the reward for posts goes to the people who voted on it.Your upvote worth is depenent5 on the amount of steem power in your possession, and the more potential curation rewards you can earn for possessing a very high amount of steem power.
- Authors Payouts are made 7 days after the post/comment is created. You can claim your rewards in your wallet after 7 days.
- authors payments may fluctuate (up and down) until the final payment is reached.
- Payments for each posts are split between the author (at least 75%) and the curators (up to 25%).
- The author reward is paid 50% in Steem Power, and 50% in liquid SBD.
- Authors also have the option to decline payout, or be paid in 100% Steem Power
- A reputation score is one way Steemit measures the amount of value you have brought to the community.
- The more upvote you get the higher your reputation.
- All new users start with a reputation score of 25.
- Your reputation will go up as you earn upvotes for your posts and comments, but it can come down if they are flagged (voted down).
- You can spend your SBD at the Peerhub Store.
- You can exchange your STEEM and SBD for bitcoin on an exchange such as BlockTrades or Bittrex.
- You can also “Power Up” your STEEM/SBD to gain more Steem Power!
The community is looking for you to add your own personal touch to your articles.
Plagiarizing which is posting someone else’s work as if it was originally made by you, is not accepted by the Steemit community.
If you are using anyone else’s material as part of your posts (including images) always indicate your sources.